- Complete and Submit an Adoption Application. Please have the following information available before you begin:
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of two personal references (who are NOT related to you).
- Name, address, and phone number of your current veterinarian or the vet you plan to use in caring for your new dog.
- If you rent you will need the name, address and phone number of your landlord.
- Notify all the references above that we will be calling within the week.
- We will call you within 2 business days and review your your application, then contact your references.
- An adoption coordinator will schedule an in-home interview. All household members need to be present, including any current pets.
- If you are approved to adopt, we will call to let you know the good news and arrange for the adoption!
We cannot guarantee a specific dog will be available when you submit your application, but we do our best to make note of your preference and see if its a good match or not.
Submit an Adoption Application
The easiest way to submit an application is to complete our RMCR Adoption Application online.
RMCR Adoption Fees
Adoption fees include spay/neuter, microchip (if not already chipped), all State-mandated vaccinations, grooming (if needed), and a full veterinary exam to identify any potential health issues. We take care of any known health issues before a dog is adopted.
- Up to 2 years old: $350
- Adult dogs: 2 years through 9 years: $300
- Senior dogs: 10 years and older: $150
Note: Our adoption fees are not specifically for the purchase of a dog, but rather to cover the medical costs of all dogs in our care. We reserve the right to refuse an adoption to any person for the well-being of the dog.
Sterilization of Puppies under 6-months of age
A refundable deposit of $50 (per puppy) is required as insurance that sterilization (spay/neuter)
will be completed when the puppy is of acceptable age (typically 6-months old). The costs of spaying/neutering
the puppy is the responsibility of the new owner. After proof of surgery is presented to Rocky Mountain Cocker
Rescue, Inc., the deposit will be refunded in full.
Note: All dogs over the age of 6 months shall be spayed or neutered prior to adoption, no exceptions.
A Rescued Dog’s History
RMCR receives dogs from a variety of sources including owners who are relinquishing their dogs and from
shelters where dogs have either been relinquished or picked up as strays. The history of these animals
is often minimal at best and we must rely on veterinarians and shelter personnel to provide data such
as age, health status and social temperament. We will gladly forward any and all information regarding
the dog to you. However, if your vet disagrees with the information we were provided, we cannot be held
responsible for disseminating false information. We will never knowingly withhold any information given to
us when we received the dog.
Long Distance/Out of State (Colorado) Adoptions
All dogs are placed AFTER the applicant has been approved, which includes reference checks, a home visit, and a meet-and-greet with the dog. Home checks can be performed by someone associated with another reputable rescue in your area. We may also have an active volunteer who has family or reliable friends in other states who is willing and able to perform a home check. We will NOT ship any dog to any applicant sight-unseen. After an applicant is approved, they must travel to the Colorado foster home’s city/town to meet the dog. If the applicant wants to pursue adopting the dog at that point, an adoption contract is signed, the adoption fee is paid and the dog can leave with the applicant. The adoption contract states if a dog does not work out for any reason, it must be returned to the rescue. In this case, the new owners MUST travel back to the Denver area with the dog.
Please Contact Us with any questions.